Sunday, March 30, 2008

From Lhasa to Beijing

"this was taken on the flight from Lhasa to Beijing, in June 2007, when jh and I went to Tibet. Our trip had several breathtaking moments, some literally, because idiots like us like to do jumping shots 5000m above sea level. But this was one of those moments, like when you turn into an alley and suddenly it's a different world. I think we were passing over the Himalayan mountain range, so maybe one of those mountains is Everest. [I was skeptical about this when I checked the map, but my smartass boyfriend tells me planes don't travel in straight lines so it IS possible.]"

(xh, the one i never knew would do jumping shots 5000m about sea level)

(and i'm sorry for the slowdown in updates, was caught in the thesis-web. but i have kissed my shining thesis goodbye, at least for now.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this photo is GORGEOUS!

theviewoutsideyourwindow said...

isn't it! :)