Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Vancouver, BC, Canada, Winter 2006





"Usually all I see are grey clouds, grey sky, even grey rain. I trudge to school surrounded by greyness for 15 minutes every morning. The sun doesn't shine. It drizzles just enough to irritate you but not enough for you to need an umbrella. At 4pm, I walk out of class and bump into things on account of it being so dark. But this sight more than made up for the 2 months worth of visual bleakness. My roommates and I stared in wonder at the snow, then I went for a Rolling Stones concert and returned, trudging in ankle-deep snow. The next day, we went out to play. I made a snow T-rex, got gastritis an hour later, and my roommate slipped and fell on some ice, spilling hot soup all over himself. Welcome to winter in Vancouver."

(david, the sexy shorts boy of the NUS history honours cohort)

No comments: